Informed is Our Specialty
Store With Confidence at
Looking for a secure, clean, and easily accessible storage facility? Look no further than Grapevine StorageHouse! Our self-storage units in Grapevine, TX, are perfect for storing furniture, Christmas decorations, business supplies, equipment, wine reserves, books, patio furniture, and more. Plus, with drive-up easy access to all units and no elevators or stairs to climb, we make the storage process hassle-free. Choose Grapevine StorageHouse for all your storage needs!
We have a wide selection of storage unit options!
How to Properly Store Your Items
Packing Tips & Tricks
- Do not use newspapers for packing. Ink may smudge off on your belongings.
- Never store your items in sealed plastic bags. The humidity will cause damage to your goods.
- When packing boxes, try to limit the weight to 30 lbs or less per box. Stick to this rule when packing books especially.
- When packing books, alternate bindings and cushion them with wadded packing paper.
- Use your bureau drawers as packing space.
- Store frequently used items towards the front of your unit to avoid having to search for them.
- Leave a small space between the goods stored and the storage unit’s walls.
- Do not stack heavy or folded objects that could shift or collapse when you move or need access.
- Use our storage space calculator to determine the storage unit size you require!
- Store mattresses and box springs on long edges. Wrap for protection and elevate off of the floor.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard and marked “FRAGILE.” Stand them up straight. Do not lay them flat!
- Wax wood furniture before storing it. Use sheets or cotton cloth to cover the furniture.
- Clothing ordinarily hanging in a closet should be packed in a wardrobe carton box.
- Keep out-of-season clothing accessible.
- If storing wool items, use cedar chips or mothballs to prevent moth damage.
Storing Appliances & Electronics
- Appliances must be thoroughly clean and dry. Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly open.
- Always back up data from computers for safety.
- Keep the monitor and device screens protected with cardboard or bubble wrap. Also, any items that have glass or fragile parts label them.
- Keep electronic devices separated from the floor with pallets or boards.
- Protect electronic devices with cotton sheets or canvas for dust protection.